Welcome to the website of the Office of the President (hereinafter the Website). In an effort to ensure your security in using the services and information provided by the Website, we would like to introduce to you the Website's privacy and information security policies. Please carefully read the following articles, which are aimed at protecting your interests.
● Scope of policy
This policy applies to the handling and use of personal information collected when you use the services offered by the Website. This policy is not applicable to websites of other government agencies or non-government agencies that can be accessed via hyperlinks provided by the Website. Other websites accessed via the hyper links on the Website are governed by their own specific privacy protection and information security policies. For more information, please see the relevant statements on each website.
● Collection, handling, and use of information
- When you browse or download files from the Website, the Website will not collect any personal information.
- To use the Website's online services, such as Write to the President, you will need to furnish accurate personal information, including your full name, address, telephone number, and email address. If you provide mistaken or untrue information, the Website reserves the right to turn down your application and refuse service.
- The Website will log users' IP addresses, access times, and the frequency with which various information is accessed.
- For the purposes of internal administration, the Website will use information on the browsing and access activities of users to analyze the total volume of website traffic and network activity. This information is important to our efforts to improve service quality.
- In accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act and related legislation, your personal information that is collected by the Website will not be sold or leased to other groups, individuals, or private entities, nor will such information be exchanged with them, except under the following circumstances: (1) a law enforcement agency needs it for the purposes of a lawful investigation; or (2) a public authority needs the information for the purposes of an investigation or to carry out its duties.
- The Office of the President must be notified if a user intends to quote any information from any of the pages of the Website. Meanwhile, the source of any information used must be cited. If you intend to use a photograph from the Website, in addition to requirements set out above, we also ask that you take note of the photographed person's right of publicity and legal requirements regarding the protection of personal information.
The Website will read and write cookies in your browser under the following circumstances in order to provide services tailored to your needs:
- Cookies are created when you register or log on to the Website and are overwritten when you log off.
- Cookies are used to tabulate the number of visits and to analyze the browsing habits of users. The information collected is used for reference in helping operators of the Website to improve services. If you are unwilling to accept cookies, you can set the level of security (located under Internet Options in your browser) to High and refuse acceptance of any cookies. This might, however, prevent certain functions of the Website from operating normally.
● Systems at the Office of the President for protection of personal information
- The Office of the President has established an Administrative Task Force for Protection and Management of Personal Information in order to clearly define the responsibilities and duties of related personnel, and to establish and implement a system for the management of personal information.
- The Office of the President complies with security maintenance requirements set out in the Personal Information Protection Act, periodically carries out personal information risk assessments, and takes appropriate security measures in order to properly discharge its duty to protect personal information.
- When the Office of the President grants authorization to access personal information, only the minimum authorization required for operational needs is granted. It also carries out segregation of authority and duties, and implements authorization audits.
- When the specific purpose for which personal information was obtained ceases to exist, or when the retention period expires, the Office of the President will—either upon its own initiative or at the request of the party concerned—erase or cease its handling or use of the personal information in question. However, this shall not apply in instances where the handling or use of such information is necessary for the performance of statutory duties or administrative tasks, or consent has been obtained from the party in question.
- In the event of a personal information incident that involves a violation of the Personal Information Protection Act or related requirements, the Office of the President will immediately activate emergency notification and response procedures, and will handle any follow-on matters in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Information security policy
The Website prohibits unauthorized persons from taking any action that would compromise the confidentiality, integrity, or usability of the Website. Violators will be dealt with according to the law.The Website has put in place the following security measures to ensure secure and uninterrupted operation of the Website:
● The Website has installed a firewall to limit access to designated ports, thereby preventing illegal intrusion. This prevents illegal use of the Website, and also protects the interests of users.
● Measures have been taken to detect network messages and monitor network traffic, and to block any malicious activity.
● Anti-virus software has been installed to provide users with a secure environment for browsing our webpages.
● Software is used to detect any Website vulnerabilities. It periodically scans the network system for vulnerabilities and takes appropriate measures to correct them.
● Administrators will periodically stage a mock hacker attack on the system and test the procedures in place to restore the system in times of security incidents. These measures ensure uninterrupted operation of the Website.
● Backup operations are carried out daily. All of the information on the Website is saved to a backup system.
● If you have any comment regarding the Website's information security policy, you are welcome to contact us at any time.
IP address: A unique number assigned to identify a device that is connected to the Internet.Return
Cookie: A cookie is a small packet of information that is sent to your computer when you visit a website.Return