The Presidential Office Building is open to visitors during either a full open house (selected weekends) or a partial open house (weekday mornings).
- Full open house dates：
- For more information on the open house schedule of the building, please visit our website and check the "visitor information" section. No advance booking is required, please proceed directly to the visitor entrance (northwest corner) to enter the building.
- Visitors can access the following areas: Main Entrance; Entrance Hall; Auditorium; South and north courtyards; 1st floor exhibit areas and the corridor.
- Partial open house on weekdays：
- Partial open house schedule: Working Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. (Visitors must arrive by 11:30 a.m. in order to be admitted.)
- Maximum number of visitors: To preserve the integrity of this national historic site and to ensure high-quality tours, the maximum number of visitors for each hour is set at 200.
- Application: Group tours of 15 visitors or more require reservations made at least three working days in advance (for instance: for a Tuesday visit, please submit reservation by Thursday the week prior). Please make your reservations via fax or our website. For individuals or groups of under 15, no advanced booking is necessary.
- Registration: The leader of a visiting group should submit a roster and register before the visit. All visitors must carry a photo ID and register to enter the building.
- Open areas of the building: 1st floor exhibit areas and the corridor.
- If you have any questions, you may contact us between 09:00-16:00, Monday to Friday (excluding holidays).
- Special visits：
- Organizations or groups may submit a group visitor application to seek permission to visit the building at a non-open house time. An application for a special visit must be submitted, in the form of an official document, by the applicant organization at least three weeks prior to the proposed visit date. Such a visit must be for the purpose of cultural exchange or academic research, and must not be profit-seeking in nature. The application is subject to review and approval by the Office of the President. After an application has been approved, we reserve the right to cancel permission, if necessary, at any time prior to the day of the visit, or to arrange for an alternate visit date.
Visitors must comply with the following requirements:
- Visitors are allowed to take photographs within open areas. However, when the area is crowded, visitors should move on after the photo has been taken. No video recorders, video cameras, luggage, or oversized packages are permitted inside the building at any time.
- When entering the building, visitors are required to show a photo ID and undergo a security check.
- When touring the building, please keep noises down. Do not loiter or trespass into restricted areas. No signs, flags, or any dangerous objects are allowed.
- When entering the building, please do not engage in activities unrelated to the purpose of the visit.
- When there is reason to believe that an individual or a group applying to visit intends to use the visit as a pretext for some other purpose—such as presenting a petition, making a complaint, or staging a protest—we may reject the application. If a visitor violates visiting rules after entering the building, we may ask the visitor to leave the premises immediately, or conduct necessary check and control measures in accordance with Article 12 of the Special Service Act.
- Please dress appropriately and carry as little as possible into the building. Pets, food, smoking, betel nuts, and chewing gum are prohibited inside the building.
- The scheduled open houses are subject to suspension if they coincide with a national holiday or natural disaster. The open houses may also be suspended in case of building renovation or construction, or major special events. Suspensions and reopening information will be announced on our website.
- The tour buses that transport group visitors can be parked briefly around the building for passenger drop-off and pick-up, and should otherwise be parked at the designated site.
Contact us by：
telephone (02) 2312-0760
fax (02) 2312-0757